My stylish friend Erin nominated me for a special combination of the Sunshine Award and the Versatile Blogger Award!
Per Erin’s re-vamped rules, I can either list seven random facts about myself, or I can answer seven questions. Since this blog is basically a collection of random facts about myself, I am going to answer Erin’s interesting questions.
1. Best vacation so far?
I really enjoyed my first trip to Asia back in 2010, so much so that I wanted to move back there after we finished grad school. It wasn’t necessarily an easy vacation–we could barely communicate–but we did so many unique things (seeing a Buddhist temple! Meeting my birth mom! Eating conveyor belt sushi!) that I’ll always remember it fondly.
2. Mac or PC?
Mac, fo’ sho. My parents have both had Apple products since before they were cool. In fact, I remember playing Oregon Trail on an Apple IIe with actually floppy floppy disks!
3. Do you consider yourself to be a morning person?
Well, I’m certainly not a night person, so I’d say that I am a morning person. That being said, I can always be convinced to go back to bed, even if I’ve gotten up and put on all my running clothes and gone outside.
4. Pie or Cake?
Cake! Geez, who likes pie more? People who hate themselves?!? (No, kidding…sort of.) I never understand people who want pie at their weddings. Blech.
5. Describe one of your phobias.
Flying in airplanes. It has gotten worse over time, so I think I’m going to get medication for my next flight. I’ve heard that this anxiety stems from a need to be in control, and I’d say that is true in my case. If I could sit in the cockpit with the pilot and have them explain what they were doing and why the plane was making certain noises, I’d feel fine. Sitting in my seat and waiting for death though, that’s no bueno.
6. Least favorite food?
I really hate asparagus. It has such a dirty taste to me. And it makes my pee smell funny. I also dislike soft-shell crabs because the idea of eating the whole body grosses me out. My mom loves both of these things, so she does not understand my hang-ups.
7. What is something you think you SHOULD do but you just don’t bother?
I should start doing strength training again, but it’s no fun without a friend, so I “just don’t bother.” My vanity has not outweighed my laziness yet.
And to round it out, here are three random facts about myself:
1. My [wedding] ring finger size is 4.5. The woman at the jewelry store told me that this is small. I’m actually really proud of this for some inexplicable reason.
2. I’m always in a hurry, so I don’t take the time to close cabinets and screw lids on all the way. Our kitchen frequently looks like a victim of poltergeist activity because all the cabinet doors are flung wide open. I also think it’s a waste of time to screw the toothpaste cap back on. I have better things to do with those five seconds, you know.
3. I haven’t seen the original Star Wars movies. (I think I’ve seen the first one, but I only remember some scene where they’re in a trash compactor.)
Alright, now I get to nominate people to answer some questions! I nominate:
I don’t actually read that many blogs of people whom I would nominate, so I only have
five seven. [Edit: I thought of more blogs!] Here are some questions, if you want to answer them!
1. Do you wear make-up every day? | 2. In your opinion, what is the best part of the holidays? | 3. Which character are you most like from Winnie the Pooh? | 4. What holiday movie are you excited to see? | 5. How many pairs of jeans do you own? | 6. What’s a gross fact about yourself? | 7. What would you choose to eat as your “last meal”?